Bank of the West Compliance, Mgr - Compliance Advisory-Lending in Omaha, Nebraska
Compliance, Mgr - Compliance Advisory-Lending
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Responsible for managing the execution and coordination of the compliance advisory sub function to influence Enterprise business line compliance with policies, laws, regulations, regulatory guidance, and self-regulatory organization rules that apply to sub function.
· Provides a leadership role in providing compliance advisory oversight of assigned sub function laws and regulation to Enterprise Business Units to align with the Bank's Compliance program.
· Advises on regulatory application for existing and new products, addresses requirements under the Compliance program framework, monitors/challenges 1st LOD to ensure appropriate controls
· Collaborates with Enterprise Business Line management affected by alterations in business practices to ensure understanding and implementation of new compliance policies and procedures.
· Collaborates with Enterprise Business Lines and Designated Compliance Owners to identify issues, monitor corrective action remediation.
· Manages and/or performs periodic 2nd LOD monitoring to determine effectiveness of Enterprise Business Unit 1st LOD controls.
· Prepares metrics and other high level MIS reporting for Compliance Management. Ensures reporting is prepared and submitted timely, in coordination with other Compliance Operations Groups.
· Manages a group of Compliance Professionals pursuant to BOW HR requirements.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· BS Degree
· 10 years of Compliance/Audit/Risk Management experience
· At least 5 years of management experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Location: United States-California-San Ramon
Other Locations: United States-Nebraska-Omaha, United States-Arizona-Tempe
Requisition ID: 042605