Bank of the West Group Manager, Consumer Credit Risk - Personal Finance Division in San Ramon, California
Group Manager, Consumer Credit Risk - Personal Finance Division
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world.
We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing
diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small
businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations
across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet,
improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas,
a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes,
we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking
to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more
sustainable and equitable growth.
The Group Manager, Credit Risk Personal Finance Division (PFD) will have 1st
and 2nd line of defense oversight over all credit risks associated with loan
originations, performing loans and default loans for consumer finance lending
including RV, Marine, Essex and Direct Lending. Responsible for all approval of
product proposals, credit risk oversight, MIS, Scoring, policy for RV, Marine,
Personal Loans, Essex and liquidating Auto loans. Serves in a matrix-management
environment with a direct reporting relationship to the Chief Consumer Credit
Officer. Will consider relocation allowance for the right candidate.
Oversight of PFD Credit Risk Policies and Procedures
Develops vision of an effective PFD policy framework and articulate changes
and improvements to the leadership team and other stakeholders.
- Drives development and approval of clear and concise credit risk policies
& procedures to ensure effective implementation.
- Benchmarks high standards for all PFD policies, guidance, standards and
procedures; auditable, quality of content, appropriateness, completeness,
up-to-date, effective, and executable.
- Effectively engages with PFD Credit Risk stakeholders during the planning,
designing, building and optimizing of Credit Risk procedures to ensure business
support and effective implementation.
- Oversee effective administration of PFD Credit Risk policy & procedure
documentation in repository and archives.
- Ensure PFD policy rollouts/changes have a comprehensive communication plan to
ensure teams implement changes effectively and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for oversight and identification of areas of potential credit
risks in the PFD RV, Marine, Essex, and Direct Loans and recommends/oversees
implementation of mitigation strategies
- Has oversight and approval of PFD efforts to measure, monitor and mitigate
various aspects of the loan policies including risks associated with
originations, underwriting, portfolio management and collections
- Approve and maintain PFD credit policies consistent with consumer finance
- Assure proper escalation of PFD credit risk issues within governance
- Participate in external reviews by GSE’s, regulators, government agencies and
- Oversight of the lending authorities across the PFD, and ensure that the
delegated lending limits are effectively administered, reduced or eliminated
- Identify, analyze and report PFD key risk metrics including early warning
indicators. Work extensively with the analytics team to develop robust PFD
metrics. Assist in the production of monthly and quarterly delinquency forecast
for the PFD portfolios
- Use PFD delegated lending authority to approve transactions whenever
- This role will have people management responsibility with direct oversight of
the Credit Policy, Models, MIS and participate in independent oversight of
Underwriting, Funding QA, and Collection & Default.
- Minimum 15 years of senior risk leadership experience in the mortgage
lending industry required.
Skilled leader in a matrix-management environment
Requires mastery level knowledge and skills within personal finance and
- Requires broad management and strong leadership skills to successfully direct
teams across multiple, transversal projects.
- Understanding of consumer credit risks requirements and experience
implementing ongoing reporting metrics aligned to industry standards.
- Exceptional ability to develop positive relationships and lead through
influence with diverse internal and external stakeholders, build consensus and
prioritize action and results.
- Proven ability to coach, develop and motivate direct reports to generate
impact and meet annual goals.
- Maintains strong network of stakeholders and can leverage relationships for
the benefit of the Bank.
- Critical and structured thinker with superior analytical and problem solving
Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
Ability to work within a fast-paced and complex environment
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal
employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status
protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action
employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran. Bank of the West will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to
the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all
state and federal laws and regulations
Job: Risk Management
Location: United States-California-San Ramon
Other Locations: United States
Requisition ID: 060537