Bank of the West Senior Strategist (FTP experience) in San Ramon, California
Senior Strategist (FTP experience)
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team
members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here
that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to
the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western
values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a
corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative
thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are
engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our
customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135
year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking
and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer
opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial
Banking, Small and Medium Enterprise, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
We are currently seeking motivated and passionate talent
responsible for identifying and managing Treasury ALM Funds Transfer Pricing
methodology, strategy and steering of our Lines of Business. This role will have access to management from
our Lines of Business, Finance and Treasury areas.
Essential Job Functions
and implement strategies designed to improve BoW’s Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP)
framework, methodologies, reporting and communications with our business
and oversee the Bank’s Pricing Committee (a formal sub-committee of ALCO),
including material preparation, reporting and leading discussions with
management. In addition, attend Line of
Business pricing meetings on an ongoing basis presenting Treasury
changes/actions and apprise the LOB’s of market conditions/interest rate
changes that could impact FTP.
the main Treasury liaison with all key FTP business partners including our five
Lines of Business, the finance teams that support those Lines, and FP&A. As such, ensure FTP methodologies, changes,
and impacts are effectively communicated to business partners.
with Treasury’s Production area to communicate FTP changes to ensure changes
are correctly implemented into our Interest Rate Risk and Liquidity Metrics.
with Treasury’s Front Office to assess impacts of market conditions and
interest rate changes on FTP, with communications to LOB’s.
and present FTP topics to ALCO as needed.
process improvements, consistency, governance, controls and oversight.
all FTP documentation updates (including our FTP Framework document and Pricing
specific strategic initiatives and projects that promote the implementation of
Bow’s long-term strategy with a focus on FTP.
· A desire to work in a fast pace environment with a dedicated commitment to excellence.
· A minimum of 3 years working experience related to Treasury activities with an understanding of the Balance Sheet (loans, deposits, etc), general market rates (LIBOR, Swaps, Treasuries, etc.), pricing, FTP background, interest rate risk and liquidity risk, etc.
· Strong communications and presentation skills. Role will involve interaction with executive management regarding key FTP changes that will impact LOB profitability.
· An ability to work as a team player, accept substantial individual responsibility and proactively create value for the team.
· Master's Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Financial Engineering (or other quantitative discipline combined with commensurate experience.)
· Able to meet deadlines.
· At least 3 years of experience with fixed income analytics, capital markets, engineering, modeling, planning and forecasting.
· Knowledge of Bank of the West balance sheet dynamics is desirable.
· Ability to analyze large datasets with SAS or SQL.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Job: Accounting Finance
Location: United States-California-San Ramon
Requisition ID: 048970