Bank of the West Compliance, Assistant Manager- Advisory Monitoring Program in Tempe, Arizona
Compliance, Assistant Manager- Advisory Monitoring Program
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Responsible for managing the execution and coordination of compliance for assigned group/function. Manages the review and interpretation of new and pending laws and regulations, which potentially affects the business practices for the assigned group/function. Manages a team of compliance professionals that provide guidance and oversight for assigned regulations/laws for the development and execution of Compliance Monitoring for specified Products/Services for front and backoffice functions across the Enterprise.
· Manages and/or performs periodic 2nd LOD monitoring to determine effectiveness of Enterprise Business Unit 1st LOD controls.
· Oversees the review of processes against the Compliance program framework (risk assessment, to documenting controls, and to implementing testing) related to the compliance monitoring program
· Schedules reviews to ensure effectiveness of compliance program to regulatory requirements, internal policies, and best practices.
· Guides a team on the analysis, review and documentation of Compliance controls, policies and procedures.
· Identifies and implements enhancements to policy/procedure inefficiencies related to the compliance monitoring program.
· Maintains, updates, and ensures adherence to policies and procedures.
· Consults with Compliance Independent Testing, auditors, and/or examiners regarding related/relevant compliance issues.
· Advises and guides Enterprise Business Units on sub function regulatory, policy, and compliance process requirements for compliance with new or existing regulations and best practices.
· Analyzes various processes under the Compliance program and directs the implementation of compliance program initiatives
· Reviews new and pending laws and regulations which affect business practices. Develops/revises appropriate policies, procedures, contracts and agreements to ensure compliance and ensures proper implementation.
· Partners with various business partners to ensure understanding of implementation and impact of new changes.
· Provides expertise, oversight, guidance, and advices on sub function regulatory requirements that affect the Enterprise Business Units and oversees the Business Unit compliance implementation efforts.
· Partners with business line team members to ensure timely identification, mitigation, resolution and reporting/escalation of existing and emerging compliance risks and issues.
· Provides data for the Compliance Reporting function on an ongoing basis.
· Responsible for leading a team that includes hiring, termination, performance review, salary recommendation and personnel issues.
· Reviews and approves if Third Party Provider and business unit key controls meet the regulatory requirements.
· Oversees /performs periodic testing to determine effectiveness of unit's compliance to regulatory requirements, internal policies and best practices.
· Advises management on risk assessment processes and provides guidance in design and development of processes and controls to manage risks.
- Conducts regularly scheduled training and information sharing on relevant corporate compliance related issues and changes
· BS Degree
· Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution.
· Must have deep knowledge of laws and regulations covered in Compliance sub function.
· Typically requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
· Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Location: United States-California-San Ramon
Other Locations: United States-Nebraska-Omaha, United States-Arizona-Tempe
Requisition ID: 042608